OverviewView gallery Video
Experience Natural Wonders at Alexandra Ranch
For the lover of nature visiting Alexandra Ranch, there await countless moments of wonder. Standing atop the 1,540' elevation at the custom built Spanish Old World-inspired compound, the eye is dazzled by panoramic horizon views extending as far as 30 miles. Here, at the warmth of sunrise and the cool glow of sunset, the Texas Hill Country weaves the majestic notes of hills, canyons, fields, and rivers, into one magnificent chorus of natural beauty. For those who have the joy of owning and experiencing this unforgettable 79.95 acre estate, this tranquil song is sung in the heart each day!
The rural paradise of Alexandra Ranch, with its Main Home and Two Casitas (5,295 sq.ft.) and separate Guest House (1,620 sq.ft) all sustainably supported by a grid-tie 20 kW Solar Power System with Battery Backup, is replete with countless luxurious touches and the finest ranch amenities. Situated in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, the ranch enjoys quick access to the nearby historic towns of Comfort, Boerne, and Fredericksburg. It's also the perfect home base from which to explore the Texas Wine Trail, hike or camp in many pristine State Parks, and kayak or fish the Guadalupe River at nearby James Kiehl River Bend Park. Whether acquired as a leisure ranch, hunting property, or weekend retreat, your heart will come home to the Hill Country at Alexandra Ranch!
- Click Here to view the Interactive Map of Alexandra Ranch, with points of interest and embedded photos and video!
- Click Here to enter the 3D Virtual Tour, and start your walkthrough today on PC or mobile device!
- Click Here to view the Interactive Soil Map of Alexandra Ranch. Use the "Map Legends" in the upper left to add or remove Soil and Soil Capability layers; then click on the layers on the map to learn more about each soil type.
Road Access, Parking, and the Hilltop Ascent
- Arriving at the property from the west along the paved portion of Upper Sisterdale Rd, the ease of access continues across a concrete bridge to the chip-seal driveway. The high-quality driveway leads immediately to an automated, solar-powered gate of durable cut stone and metal construction. Here one can begin to admire the full extent of the 8' game proof perimeter fencing.
- The driveway meanders through the scenic property for 0.9 miles, increasing the sense of peaceful separation from the outside world before passing through the arched entry of a cut stone wall to arrive at the hilltop compound's circle drive and 3-car detached garage. Earlier at the 0.7 mile mark, the driveway forks to provide a route to the Guest House and its parking area, privately situated at the base of the compound hilltop. From this point, an interior dirt road continues on to provide access to all quadrants of the property.
- The roomy circle drive at the compound, complete with inlaid stone accents, centers the attention upon the graceful, sculpted figure of "Zenith". Rising from her pedestal with hand outstretched, she evokes the sense of skyward ascent experienced by those who share her hilltop vantage point!
Main Home and Semi-Detached Casitas
- The main home and two semi-detached casitas, joined together by a covered flagstone patio breezeway, are designed in a rustic style in concord with the surrounding countryside. The exterior makes the first captivating statement: the warm red color of wood beams and columns are complemented by earth tone walls of native cut stone, brick, and stucco; the same duet plays out above at the roof level, where red standing seam metal is joined with earth tone concrete tiles (both materials characterized by longevity and minimal maintenance).
- In the Main Home measuring 3,941 sq.ft., the 2 bedroom/2.5 bath first floor layout begins with a spacious yet cozy central common area with 17' ceilings, chandelier and pendant lighting, 18'x14' Living/Foyer area, 19'x14' Formal Dining, gourmet kitchen, and a wood-tread and wrought-iron stairway to a half-story 14'x14' Media/Bonus Room (the only space on upper level).
- The 23'x13' Kitchen is a focal point that will delight the true chef in every regard: westward views of blue sky and distant hills from above the tri-compartment sink; exposed wood beams and slats at ceiling; large island with solid wood top and extra storage; extensive granite counters and custom cabinets; commercial-grade Wolf double oven and 6-burner stovetop with griddle (gas); built-in wine-rack; and separate Subzero fridge and freezer with custom wood paneling to match cabinetry. The adjoining Butler's Pantry boasts an arched brick ceiling; custom swing-out pantry organizers and spice racks; wet bar; ice maker; additional Wolf oven (electric) and microwave; and R/O filtered water dispenser.
- The open 24'x24' Family Room is located in the southern wing adjoining the formal dining space. It features a cut stone fireplace with wood stove insert; 17' ceiling; twelve 6' windows with commanding views to the south and east; and alderwood access doors to both the front patio/pool deck and a rear screened porch.
- The 23'x19' Master Bedroom is bright and airy, with a 15' ceiling with fan; hardwood floors; transom windows near ceiling for ample natural light; cut stone fireplace with mantle; beautiful built-in desk and cabinets; and two sets of french doors to a private covered back patio and manicured lawn. The horizon views from the suite and patio are a breathtaking sight to look forward to each day!
- The roomy 15'x15' Master Bathroom is a thing of beauty, with travertine tile floors; walk-in shower with travertine surfaces; separate tub with brick surround and accent wall; dual sink vanity with eye-catching custom lighting; linen cabinets; french doors to master patio; and two enormous walk-in closets with built-in dressers.
- The 14'x12' 2nd Bedroom is well-appointed with a 10' ceiling with fan; en suite bathroom with walk-in shower and custom linen cabinet; and a walk-in closet with built-in dresser. Window views open toward the circle driveway and manicured homesite.
- The 11'x9' Utility Room with farmhouse sink and folding counter is matched in usefulness only by the pair of roomy storage closets across the hall (13'x8' and 11'x8'), in which can be found the central vacuum system and a generous allotment of shelving.
- Two Casitas add 1,354 sq.ft of semi-detached living space. They are connected to each other and the main home by a covered breezeway.
- The far Casita #1 (686 sq.ft.) is designed as an efficiency home with a bedroom (3rd), en suite bathroom with laundry area and walk-in closet, and a living room with fireplace and wet bar. Bedroom: 14'x11' - Living Room: 15'x14'
- The near Casita #2 (667 sq.ft.) provides two private bedrooms (4th and 5th), each with small writing desk and walk-in closet, that are connected by a central bathroom and laundry area, making it the perfect space for visiting family members or vacation rental guests. Bedrooms each measure 15'x14'.
- Both casitas feature walk-in showers, high-end finishes in keeping with the home, and 18" tile flooring.
Replete with Unique Touches and High-End Finishes
The main home and casitas display countless unique touches and high-end finishes. These include custom lighting; alderwood doors (ranging from 8' to 10' in height); rich wood trim and accent beams; 7" baseboards; custom cabinetry; select travertine tile inlays, surrounds, and floors; native cut stone elements; floors of 18" ceramic tile and hardwood plank (no carpet anywhere); custom windows; and three interior cut stone fireplaces (found in family room, master bedroom, and far casita). The exterior of each dwelling enjoys access to covered patios and breezeways, encouraging residents and guests to meet outdoors and enjoy the magnificent scenery, rain or shine.
Impressive Outdoor Entertainment Space
The main home and casitas share an extensive flagstone pool deck that surrounds the immense 60,000 gal. pool and spa, with pool ranging to 12' in depth. On hot summer days, delighted swimmers will enjoy a refreshing dip paired with a stunning Hill Country overlook! This area can comfortably play host to a few close friends or a large festive gathering. Whether seated around the cut stone fireplace, sunbathing on the deck, or preparing barbecue dinner at the outdoor kitchen and built-in Wolf grill, the entire outdoor entertainment space is a relaxing destination for all. These features have been well-maintained and improved since construction.
3-Car Detached Garage
The open-air 3 bay garage includes a convenient storage room for tools and lawn equipment. Additional chip-seal parking area is available behind the garage and in the circle drive. A vine-covered breezeway with cedar-post roof leads from the garage to the side of the home, where two charming Dutch doors grant interior access.
Separate Guest House or Foreman's Quarters
The quality 1,620 sq.ft. Guest House features twin 42'x12.5' front and back covered patios; cut stone exterior with wood beams and columns; standing seam metal roof; stone-built raised garden beds; and a large open parking area. Inside, the 34'x30' great room with stained concrete floor is the perfect flex space for living, gaming, home office, or workshop. It is complete with 1 Bedroom (13'x12'), 1.5 Baths, a full kitchen (12'x10'), and a walk-in closet. Well-crafted cut stone stairs lead up from the Guest House to the compound, creating an eye-catching connection between the two points.
Tasteful Balance of Rugged Natural Habitat and Pristine Grounds
Native plant species on the ranch include live oak, post oak, blue lacy oak and mountain cedar, as well as a variety of native shrubs and brush. Native grasses and a scattering of live oak trees occupy the 3-acre hilltop compound, which is conveniently watered by automatic sprinkler system to maintain the lush grounds. Extensive yet selective cedar wood clearing has subdued the unwanted undergrowth indicative of the area, contributing to the estate's highly manicured finish while still leaving ample habitat for the herds of Axis and White-tail Deer and other small game that freely roam within the property's game fencing. (Refer to the detailed aerial images and maps for a sense of the environmental balance.)
Ponds, Creeks, and Springs
The property features three ponds/holding tanks, a wet-weather creek, and intermittent springs. Rainfall conditions do affect the amount of water held by or flowing through these points.
Move Toward Energy Independence with a 20 kW Solar Power System + Battery Backup
The ranch has a 96-panel 20 Kilowatt Solar Power System equipped with Battery Backup and a grid-tie Net Meter. The owners invested $105,000 into this system, and massive energy cost savings are realized every month. Average monthly utility bills are approximately $50.
Over $300,000 in Improvements and Maintenance Completed
The owners have invested over $300,000 in capital improvements, grounds, and maintenance since 2010. For more details, see the "Notable Upgrades and Maintenance Completed" in Documents.
Opportunities for Passive Income Generation through Vacation Rental
The owners have in the past netted between $100,000 to $150,000 annually by periodically renting the property through HomeAway.com as a vacation rental. Such an opportunity could be pursued by the new owners at their option.
Property Tax Savings
The property currently receives an Agricultural Market Valuation from the Kendall County Appraisal District, significantly reducing ad valorem property taxes.
Other Systems and Features
- Six (6) Zoned HVAC Systems: 2 at Main Home (Main Area; Master Bedroom), 2 at Casitas (1 per Casita), 2 at Guest House.
- Three (3) Traditional Water Heaters: 1 a Main Home, 1 at Casitas, and 1 at Guest House.
- One (1) Tankless Water Heater for Main Home Kitchen.
- Automated Sprinkler System for 3-Acre Compound (4 Zones and 22 Stations).
- Main Home pre-wired for whole-house sound system.
- Water Well with 50 gal. Pressure Tank and 3,000 gal. Holding Tank. These are located within the fenced compound in a separate cut stone structure. The quaint well house also features a water cascade into a stone-built fish pond.
- Aerobic Treatment System for waste water.
- Two 500 gal. Underground Propane Tanks.